The duo we can’t live without … Cholula® Original Hot Sauce and brownies. Mixed right into the batter before baking, Cholula Hot Sauce brings a welcome heat to the chocolatey flavor of these decadent brownies. Drizzled with the caramel-y sweetness of dulce d... The duo we can’t live without … Cholula® Original Hot Sauce and brownies. Mixed right into the batter before baking, Cholula Hot Sauce brings a welcome heat to the chocolatey flavor of these decadent brownies. Drizzled with the caramel-y sweetness of dulce de leche, they’re perfect treat to share with your sweetie. ReadMore ReadLess
INGREDIENTS 25 (1-bar) Servings
- 1 package (18.2 ounces) fudge brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 package (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with no stick cooking spray. Mix brownie mix, egg, oil, Hot Sauce and water in large bowl just until blended. Gently stir in 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips evenly over top.
- 2 Bake 33 - 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 3 Meanwhile, beat heavy cream and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer just until thickened, about 1 minute. With the mixer running, gradually add powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle in dulce de leche, stirring gently to create swirls of caramel in the frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cut brownies into bars and serve topped with Whipped Dulce de Leche Frosting.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Substitute Cholula Chipotle sauce for a smoky-spicy brownie!
•Go all out with a brownie a la mode! Top brownies with vanilla ice cream and extra dulce de leche.
•Spoon brownie batter into a mini muffin tin for bite-size treats for your sweetheart!