Love Eggs Benedict? Then you’ve gotta try this Mexican twist. Its layered English-muffin-up - with creamy avocado mash, Mexican chorizo, poached egg and a creamy Hollandaise sauce starring the unmistakable heat of Cholula Original Hot Sauce … and of course a lit... Love Eggs Benedict? Then you’ve gotta try this Mexican twist. Its layered English-muffin-up - with creamy avocado mash, Mexican chorizo, poached egg and a creamy Hollandaise sauce starring the unmistakable heat of Cholula Original Hot Sauce … and of course a little extra hot sauce on top! ReadMore ReadLess
INGREDIENTS 4 Servings
- 3/4 pound fresh Mexican chorizo sausage
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Cholula® Original Hot Sauce, plus more to serve
- 2 English muffins, toasted and buttered, if desired
- 2 small avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce, to serve (optional)
- 1 Heat large skillet on medium-low heat. Add chorizo and bell pepper. Cook, crumbling chorizo into large chunks, until browned and peppers are tender. Set aside; keep warm.
- 2 Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to boil. Reduce to gentle simmer. Swirl water; gently add one egg at a time, poaching until desired doneness. Carefully remove eggs using a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Reserve poaching water.
- 3 For the Hollandaise Sauce, heat butter in small saucepan on medium heat until melted and frothy (temperature should reach about 180°F). Place egg yolks, lime juice and salt in blender container; cover. Blend on medium speed 30 - 45 seconds or until light and frothy. With machine running on low speed, gradually add hot butter and Original Hot Sauce. Blend about 1 minute or until thickened and smooth. With machine still running, slowly add reserved hot poaching water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. (Sauce should be pourable consistency, but still thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.)
To serve, spread mashed avocado over cut sides of English muffins. Top with chorizo mixture and poached eggs. Drizzle generously with Hollandaise Sauce. Top with additional Original and Green Pepper Hot Sauce, if desired. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Swap out the Cholula® Original Hot Sauce in the hollandaise recipe with any of our other delicious flavors of Cholula®.
• If poached eggs aren’t your favorite, try this recipe with Fried or Over-Easy eggs, instead.
• For some extra flavor, top your eggs Benny with 2 tablespoons crumbled Cotija cheese!
• Try adding 1 tablespoon of Cholula® Original Hot Sauce to the mashed avocado for some extra flavor!