No better way to start the day than a quick breakfast of sunny side eggs over top a spicy hash, finished with the signature flavor of Cholula® Original Hot Sauce.
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Separate onion slices into rings. Set aside 6 of the largest rings. Place remaining onion, potatoes, and bell pepper in large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and Hot Sauce, tossing to coat. Arrange veggies in a single layer on large sheet pan.
- 2 Bake 35 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- 3 Remove sheet pan from oven. Sprinkle garlic over veggies and toss to mix. Push veggies to one half of the sheet pan. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil evenly over other half of sheet pan. Arrange reserved onion rings on empty half of sheet pan. Carefully crack 1 egg into each onion ring. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Bake 4 to 6 minutes longer, or until whites are set and yolks are desired doneness (6 minutes for over medium yolks). Serve eggs with hash and top with sliced avocado and additional Hot Sauce, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips:
· Don't worry if a little of the egg white seeps through the onion ring—the oil helps prevent it from sticking to the tray!
· Remove onion rings from around eggs before serving, if desired, for perfect circular eggs—no one will know!
· Crisp up leftover hash in the air fryer to revive leftovers.
· Make it vegan. Skip the eggs and swap in cube extra firm tofu. Toss tofu cubes with Cholula and nutritional yeast. Bake on a separate sheet pan greased with olive oil. Toss crispy tofu with breakfast potatoes to serve.