Shredded Mexican chicken (aka tinga de pollo) done the Cholula way – tossed in a spicy, smoky tomato sauce made with Cholula® Original Hot Sauce. Serve chicken tinga in warm tortillas with toppings like crumbled Cotija, fresh lime wedges, and avocado for a quick an... Shredded Mexican chicken (aka tinga de pollo) done the Cholula way – tossed in a spicy, smoky tomato sauce made with Cholula® Original Hot Sauce. Serve chicken tinga in warm tortillas with toppings like crumbled Cotija, fresh lime wedges, and avocado for a quick and easy chicken tacos meal. ReadMore ReadLess
INGREDIENTS 6 Servings
- Chicken Tinga Tacos
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) oil
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) coarsely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces/398 ml) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chicken stock or broth
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Club House® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Club House® Ground Cumin
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) shredded cooked chicken, use rotisserie chicken for easy prep!
- 12 (6-inch/15-cm) corn or flour tortillas
- Optional Toppings
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Crumbled Cotija cheese
- Chopped white onion
- Fresh lime wedges
- Pickled red onions
- Sliced avocado
- Mexican crema
- 1 Heat oil in medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, stock, Hot Sauce, lime juice, chipotle peppers, salt, pepper and cumin. Simmer 6 - 8 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- 2 Transfer mixture to blender container. Puree on high speed, with center of lid removed to allow steam to escape, until well blended and smooth.
- 3 Return sauce mixture to skillet. Add chicken, stirring to coat well with sauce. Cook on medium heat just until heated through. Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas. Serve with assorted toppings, as desired.