Indulge in this bright, fresh take on the popular enchilada dish featuring the bold flavour of Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce.
- 1 Place chicken in large saucepan. Add 6 cups (1.5 liters) water, 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of the salt, garlic cloves, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 - 20 minutes. Remove chicken, pull meat from bones,shred and set aside.
- 2 Place tomatillos and chiles in medium saucepan; add enough water to cover. Boil on medium-high heat 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking water. Transfer tomatillos and chiles to blender container; add remaining 2 cloves garlic, Green Pepper Hot Sauce and cilantro. Blend until smooth, adding reserved cooking liquid to reach smooth consistency.
- 3 Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add tomatillo puree; reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring constantly, 10 minutes. Reduce heat. Add sour cream and remaining salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Divide shredded chicken evenly among warmed tortillas and roll to enclose filling. Spread 1/3 of the tomatillo sauce in bottom of 9-inch (23-cm) square baking dish. Arrange enchiladas, seam-side down in single layer in dish.Pour remaining sauce evenly over top. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- 5 Bake 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.