INGREDIENTS 4 Servings
- 8 slices sour dough bread, buttered
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) (8 ounces) grilled chicken breast
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon, crisply cooked
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) butter
- Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- 1 Melt butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onion and toss to coat with butter. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender.
- 2 Increase heat to high. Stir in a pinch of sugar. Cook, stirring constantly 10 minutes or until caramelized. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 Layer Cheddar cheese, grilled chicken breast, bacon, and caramelized onions onto bread to make 4 sandwiches. Drizzle generously with Hot Sauce and ranch dressing, if desired. Place sandwiches on griddle or in large skillet and toast until golden and cheese is melted.
- 4 Adapted from Recipe By: Ruthie's Food Truck