The Smoky Hot and Sour Ramen has got us feeling all lunch-ish. It’s got everything you’d expect in a ramen bowl, like veggies and noods, but with the addition of Cholula® Original Hot Sauce to the broth for a bold twist.
INGREDIENTS 1 Servings
- 1 package Ramen noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ounces shiitake or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 egg, soft boiled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Ramen Broth
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 11/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 41/2 teaspoons Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes until fragrant. Add mushrooms, paprika, salt and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Remove and set aside.
- 2 Add mushrooms, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 5 minutes or until they release their juices and cook down. Remove and set aside.
- 3 Add chicken broth to same pan. Bring to boil on high heat. Add soy sauce, Original Hot Sauce and vinegar, stirring to mix. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4 Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Add to broth. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened slightly. Add noodles and carrots. Simmer just until noodles are tender.
- 5 Transfer mixture to serving bowls. Add mushrooms, soft boiled egg and drizzle with sesame oil and additonal Hot Sauce, if desired. Sprinkle with green onion to serve.