If you’re looking for a fun way to switch up your taco game, look no further than pineapple shrimp tacos. Featuring ingredients like marinated shrimp, sweet pineapple and Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce, all the flavors work together for the perfect balance of swee... If you’re looking for a fun way to switch up your taco game, look no further than pineapple shrimp tacos. Featuring ingredients like marinated shrimp, sweet pineapple and Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce, all the flavors work together for the perfect balance of sweet, heat, and crunch. Fill up each taco with grilled shrimp and pineapple, then top with shredded cabbage, crumbled queso fresco and a squeeze of lime. These pineapple shrimp tacos are guaranteed to be a hit with your family and friends. ReadMore ReadLess
INGREDIENTS 8 Servings
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 spears fresh pineapple
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 Mix Hot Sauce and lime juice in large bowl. Remove 1/2 of the mixture and reserve. Add shrimp to bowl with remaining mixture, tossing to coat. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, place avocado, cilantro and reserved hot sauce mixture in food processor. Cover. Process until smooth. Set aside.
Remove shrimp from marinade mixture. Grill shrimp and pineapple over medium-high heat 8 - 10 minutes, turning occasionally, just until shrimp is pink and pineapple is lightly charred. Remove from grill and allow pineapple to cool just enough to handle. Chop pineapple into bite-size chunks. Grill tortillas 1 - 2 minutes per side, just until lightly toasted and charred.
To assemble, spread avocado mixture on one side of tortillas. Divide cabbage between tortillas. Top with shrimp and pineapple. Sprinkle with queso fresco and drizzle with additional Green Pepper Hot Sauce, if desired, to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Thread shrimp onto skewers or use a grill basket for easier grilling.
•To make these indoors instead of on the grill, use a grill pan or large skillet to cook shrimp and lightly charring the pineapple.
•For a chunkier avocado spread, skip the food processor and mash the avocado with a fork until desired consistency; stir in the remaining hot sauce mixture.