This flavor-packed fish taco recipe is sure to take you away to a faraway cantina – margarita optional. Made with crispy fish, creamy cabbage slaw and plenty of Cholula® Chili Lime Hot Sauce, these tacos are the perfect blend of flavor and texture. An excellent opt... This flavor-packed fish taco recipe is sure to take you away to a faraway cantina – margarita optional. Made with crispy fish, creamy cabbage slaw and plenty of Cholula® Chili Lime Hot Sauce, these tacos are the perfect blend of flavor and texture. An excellent option for hosting friends and family for taco night, these cod tacos are a fun twist on the classic taco. ReadMore ReadLess
INGREDIENTS 8 Servings
- 2 pounds cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cholula® Chili Lime Hot Sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 To make the dressing, whisk together vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, black pepper, and garlic powder until smooth.
- 2 Combine cabbage, pineapple, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno into the bowl and toss with dressing mixture to make a slaw. Keep the slaw in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 3 Season fish with lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Pan-fry fish on medium heat until cooked through and slightly golden in color (2-4 minutes per side). Using a fork, flake fish into slightly smaller pieces.
- 4 Divide fish among tortillas and spoon slaw on top. Top with desired amount of Cholula Chili Lime and enjoy!