Great for entertaining or a cozy night in, this tasty white chicken chili doubles down on flavor, heat, and fun, featuring Cholula® Original Taco Seasoning Mix and Cholula Original Hot Sauce.
INGREDIENTS 4 Servings
- Chicken Chili
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium poblano pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Cholula® Original Recipe Mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut in half crosswise
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional Toppings
- Chopped Avocado
- Sliced jalapeño peppers
- Lime wedges
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Queso fresco or crumbled Cotija cheese
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 1 Place peppers and onion in bowl of food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- 2 Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion mixture; sprinkle with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in Seasoning Mix. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- 3 Stir in 3 1/2 cups of the broth. Add chicken. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, place 1 can of the beans and remaining 1/2 cup broth in clean bowl of food processor. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
Remove cooked chicken from pot. Shred using two forks; return to pot. Stir pureed bean mixture into saucepan, along with remaining can whole beans, lime juice and cilantro. Cook just until heated through. Ladle into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
Tip: For creamier White Chicken Chili, stir in Mexican crema or sour cream just before serving.