Cholula® is about bringing authentic Mexican cuisine, heritage, and culture to the table — and these slow cooker beef tacos with a twist are no exception. Made from scratch with Cholula® Original Hot Sauce and spices like ground cumin, garlic powder, chili powd... Cholula® is about bringing authentic Mexican cuisine, heritage, and culture to the table — and these slow cooker beef tacos with a twist are no exception. Made from scratch with Cholula® Original Hot Sauce and spices like ground cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, oregano leaves and lime juice, these tacos are an easy dish to make for parties or Taco Tuesday. After simmering low and slow for hours, shred the meat with a fork and place it in a bowl next to toppings like chopped avocado and crumbled Cojita cheese. Serve these Cholula tacos with a twist with a fresh radish salad, warmed corn tortillas and drizzle with a few extra dabs of hot sauce. ReadMore ReadLess
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 1/3 cup Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 24 corn tortillas, warmed
- Crumbled Cotija cheese, to serve
- Chopped avocado, to serve
- Radish Salad
- 4 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Place beef in slow cooker. Mix Original Hot Sauce, spices and seasonings, and lime juice in small bowl. Pour over beef in slow cooker. Cover.
- 2 Cook 8 hours on LOW or 5 hours on HIGH or until tender and easy to shred. Remove beef and shred using 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid and discard. Return beef to slow cooker, stirring to coat with sauce. Keep warm.
- 3 Meanwhile, for the Radish Salad, mix all ingredients in medium bowl. To serve, stack 2 corn tortillas on top of each other. Fill with shredded beef and top with Radish Salad. Sprinkle with Cotija and avocado, and drizzle with additional Hot Sauce, if desired.