Flavored with Cholula® Original Hot Sauce, Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce, lime juice and fresh cilantro, this chicken taco bowl recipe is great for lunch or dinner. While it may seem challenging, making tortilla bowls is easier than you think! Once each bowl is mad... Flavored with Cholula® Original Hot Sauce, Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce, lime juice and fresh cilantro, this chicken taco bowl recipe is great for lunch or dinner. While it may seem challenging, making tortilla bowls is easier than you think! Once each bowl is made and cooled, fill them with chopped romaine lettuce and top with chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, red onion, avocado and the delicious homemade dressing. Drizzle a little hot sauce on top for an extra kick, and these chicken taco bowls are ready to serve. ReadMore ReadLess
INGREDIENTS 4 Servings
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 pound chicken breast, grilled and sliced or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix 1 tablespoon of the oil and Original Hot Sauce in small bowl until well blended.
- 2 Place 2 sheets of foil in 1 1/2-quart oval baking dish or mixing bowl. Press foil into bottom of dish, fitting against sides and up over top edge, shaping foil to maintain shape of dish. Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in dish, pleating top edge as needed to fit. Pierce bottom of tortilla several times with a fork. Brush with some of the oil mixture. Transfer foil form and tortilla to large sheet pan. Repeat process with remaining tortillas, arranging on 2 separate sheet pans.
- 3 Bake tortilla bowls 12 – 14 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking. Remove from oven. Carefully remove tortillas from foil. Discard foil. Place tortilla bowls upside-down on sheet pans. Bake 3 – 5 minutes longer, or until bottoms are golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Whisk remaining 7 tablespoons oil, lime juice, Green Pepper Hot Sauce and cilantro in large bowl until well blended. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing; set aside. Add romaine to bowl with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Divide romaine evenly among tortilla bowls. Top with chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, red onion and avocado. Drizzle with reserved dressing and additional Original Hot Sauce to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•For a Vegan Tortilla Bowl, substitute black beans, edamame or tofu for the chicken.
•For a smoky kick, try Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce in place of the Cholula® Original Hot Sauce.
•To keep fresh overnight, wrap each tortilla bowl with cling film the night before.
•Use a rotisserie chicken instead of grilled chicken for a stress-free Taco (bowl) Tuesday!