Dial up taco night with this easy recipe for homemade shrimp tacos. Tossed in the smooth heat of Cholula® Reserva Tequila & Lime Hot Sauce, spicy shrimp are loaded into warm tortillas with your favorite taco garnishes, a tangy cilantro lime slaw, and a drizzle of spi... Dial up taco night with this easy recipe for homemade shrimp tacos. Tossed in the smooth heat of Cholula® Reserva Tequila & Lime Hot Sauce, spicy shrimp are loaded into warm tortillas with your favorite taco garnishes, a tangy cilantro lime slaw, and a drizzle of spicy crema for the ultimate combination of flavor, texture, and heat. ReadMore ReadLess
INGREDIENTS 8 Servings
- 1/2 cup Cholula® Reserva Tequila & Lime Hot Sauce
- 5 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 1 Mix Hot Sauce and 3 tablespoons of the lime juice in small bowl until well blended. Transfer half of the mixture to separate small bowl; add sour cream, stirring to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Reserve remaining hot sauce mixture for shrimp.
- 2 For the Slaw, mix remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and agave in large bowl. Add cabbage, red onion and 1/4 cup of the cilantro, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 Season shrimp evenly with salt, pepper and cumin. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium heat. Cook shrimp, turning once, just until pink. Remove from heat. Add reserved hot sauce mixture, tossing to coat shrimp.
Toast or grill tortillas 1 to 2 minutes per side, just until lightly charred. To assemble tacos, divide slaw among tortillas. Top with shrimp. Drizzle with sour cream mixture and garnish with queso fresco and remaining chopped cilantro. Serve with additional Hot Sauce, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Head out to the grill instead! Thread shrimp onto skewers or use a grill basket, if desired. Grill shrimp over medium-high heat just until pink, turning once and brushing with hot sauce mixture.
•When using corn tortillas, they’re easier to serve and a little sturdier when doubled up! Simply double the number of tortillas and layer 2 together for each taco.