Easy queso dip is the answer to all your game day, appetizer, and snack time cravings. Spiked with the signature flavor and heat of Cholula® Original Salsa, every bite of this creamy, cheesy salsa con queso dip is delicioso!
INGREDIENTS 20 Servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 can (13 ounces) evaporated milk
white American cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 ounces processed cheese, such as Velveeta®
- 1 cup Cholula® Original Salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk. Cook, stirring frequently until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat. Stir in Salsa and black pepper. Serve with tortilla chips or cut up veggies, or as a topping for quesadillas, burritos and tacos.
Test Kitchen Tips: • Swap in an extra 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese in place of the Velveeta®, if desired. • Switch it up! Try with Cholula® Salsa Verde or Smoky Chipotle Salsa in place of the Original!