INGREDIENTS 10 Servings
- 1 pound large shrimp, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh cucumber
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 Place shrimp in medium glass bowl. Add lime juice and 1/4 cup of the Hot Sauce, stirring to mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, stirring after about 30 minutes.
Remove shrimp from refrigerator. Drain and discard marinade mixture. Return to bowl. Add cucumber, mango, red onion, cilantro and remaining Hot Sauce, stirring to mix well. Gently stir in avocado. Transfer to serving platter.
Test Kitchen Tips:
· Make sure to use a non-reactive bowl when marinating the shrimp. Glass, stainless steel or plastic bowls all work well, just stay away from aluminum, as it can react with the acidic lime juice and give food a metallic taste.
· Swap in fresh white fish, such as halibut, red snapper, bass or grouper in place of the shrimp.
· Serve ceviche with a drizzle of your favorite chile oil crisp for a crunchy topping.