It’s 10’s across the board for these tasty chipotle tacos made easy with an Instant Pot. Filled with tender beef flavoured with Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce and savory spices, fresh salsa and your favourite toppings, you really can’t go wrong here.
INGREDIENTS 16 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.2 kilograms stewing steak
- 75 millilitres water
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce, divided
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 200 grams Pico de Gallo or salsa of your choice
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 Mix spices and salt in small bowl. Pat beef dry with paper towels. Season evenly on all sides with spice mixture. Heat oil in Instant Pot® on SAUTÉ function. Working in batches, add beef to pot in single layer. Cook 5 minutes undisturbed. Turn beef chunks; cook 2 minutes longer or until browned. Remove from pot and repeat until all beef chunks are browned.
- 2 Add water and onion to pot, scraping to remove any brown bits from bottom. Return beef to pot; stir to mix. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal.
- 3 Set to cook for 45 minutes on MEAT/STEW function or until beef is tender and shreds easily. When done, quick release the pressure. Open the lid once pressure inside the pot is completely released. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating instructions.)
- 4 Transfer beef to large bowl. Shred using 2 forks. Add Hot Sauce and about 100ml of the cooking liquid from pot, stirring to mix well. Divide beef among tortillas. Top with pico de gallo and sliced avocado. Serve with lime wedges and additional Hot Sauce, if desired.