- 1 Pat pork shoulder dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and the pepper. Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add pork, searing 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer pork to slow cooker.
- 2 Add lard to skillet and melt on low heat. A about half of the onion and the garlic; cook 5 minutes until softened. Add to slow cooker, along with coriander, cinnamon, lime juice, Original Hot Sauce, and beer. Cover.
- 3 Cook 12 hours on LOW.
- 4 Meanwhile for the Tomatillo Salsa, place tomatillos, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, chiles, and olive oil in blender. Puree until smooth. Season with salt, to taste. (This can be prepared ahead of time, and will keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.)
- 5 Add half the canola oil to separate large skillet on medium heat. Toast tortillas about 30 seconds per side until warmed through and toasty. As you work through the tortillas, place them between clean kitchen towels to keep warm.
- 6 Transfer braised pork to a serving dish, shredding into bitesize pieces with 2 forks. Serve with warm tortillas, remaining minced onion, cotija, lime wedges, and Tomatillo Salsa Verde. Drizzle with additonal Cholula Original Hot Sauce.