INGREDIENTS 2 Servings
- 1 pound (500 grams) diver sea scallops
- 6 tomatillos, papery skin removed and washed
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) molasses
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) Cholula® Chili Lime Hot Sauce
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Preheat over to 350°F (180°C). Heat oil in medium oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add tomatillos, char on on all sides. Add garlic to skillet. Roast in oven 30 minutes or until softened.
- 2 Transfer tomatillo mixture to blender, including all liquid from pan. Add molasses, cilantro, cider vinegar and Chili Lime Hot Sauce. Pulse until smooth but some seeds still remain. Season mixture with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 3 Heat remaining oil in large skillet. Season scallops with salt and pepper and sear on both sides, approximately 4 minutes.
- 4 Add tomatillo glaze to hot pan and toss scallops until evenly coated.