Seared scallops are glazed in a quick pan sauce of Cholula Chile Lime, citrus, & tequila making for a fresh and spicy salad everyone at the table will be craving more of.
INGREDIENTS 2 Servings
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Cholula® Chili Lime Hot Sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 ounces (45 milliliters) tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) kosher salt
- Olive oil, as needed
- 8 jumbo scallops
- 4 ounces (113 grams) spring mix salad
- 1 Place citrus juices, sugar, Chili Lime Hot Sauce, green onion, cilantro tequila, garlic and salt in blender container. Cover; process on high speed until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Heat 2 tablespoons (60 mL) oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add scallops; cook about 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat. Pour sauce from blender over scallops in pan. Cook 1 minute longer or just until sauce is heated and scallops are cooked through.
- 3 Divide greens among 2 serving plates. Top with scallops and drizzle evenly with sauce from skillet to serve.