10s across the board for these brisket tacos. Filled with tender brisket flavoured with Cholula® Original Hot Sauce and spices, fresh pico and your favourite toppings, you really can’t go wrong here.
INGREDIENTS 16 Servings
- 5 pound (2.5 kilograms) brisket
- 8 tablespoons (120 milliliters) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) chili powder
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) cumin
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 lime
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) chopped white onion
- 1 jalpeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 16 6-inch white corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Mix brown sugar, chili powder, salt, smoked paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and cumin in medium bowl. Rub brisket with Original Hot Sauce, then coat with seasoning mixture.
- 2 Preheat smoker to 225°F (108ºC) according to manufacturer’s directions, using your favorite hardwood, such as mesquite, pecan or hickory wood.
- 3 Place brisket in smoker, fat side up, on grate. Smoke brisket 3 to 4 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 175°F (80ºC) and a crisp bark (or crust) forms over surface of meat.
- 4 Remove brisket from smoker. Place brisket in center of large sheet of heavy duty foil and wrap completely. Return wrapped brisket to smoker. Cook at least 2 1/2 hours (up to 4 hours) longer or until meat is tender and internal temperature reaches about 205°F (96ºC)
- 5 Remove brisket from smoker. Open foil slightly to vent; let stand 10 minutes. Close and re-wrap foil. Let brisket stand 30 minutes to allow juices to be reabsorbed.
- 6 For the Pico, mix all ingredients until well blended.
- 7 To assemble tacos, shred brisket with two forks. Layer tortillas with briskey, pico de gallo, and sliced avocado. Drizzle with additional Original Hot Sauce to serve.