INGREDIENTS 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- 1/2 pound (8 oz/250 g) fresh Mexican chorizo sausage
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 4 burrito size (10-inch/26-cm) flour tortillas, warmed
- 4 eggs, scrambled, cooked to desired doneness
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons (60 milliliters) shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 teaspoons (20 milliliters) finely chopped red onion
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat until shimmering. Add hash brown patties. Cook about 4 - 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- 2 Add chorizo to skillet. Cook and crumble just until browned, about 3 - 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Return hash browns to skillet, crumbling into bite-size chunks. Drizzle with Original Hot Sauce. Cook, stirring gently until mixture is well blended, about 1 minute.
- 3 To assemble burritos, divide chorizo mixture into 4 portions. Spread chorizo mixture horizontally across the bottom third of a warm tortilla, leaving room on bottom and sides to fold. Top chorizo with 1/4 of the scrambled eggs and sliced avocado, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the cheese and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the red onion.
- 4 To roll burrito, turn tortilla so that filling side is closest to you. Grasp tortilla at 8 o’clock and 4 o’clock position and fold in to cover ends of filling, forming a ‘v’ at the bottom of the tortilla. Then, fold up bottom of tortilla over topping and tuck underneath to secure. Fold in sides of tortilla (9 o’clock and 3 o’clock positions) to form a pleat, then continue to roll from the bottom up, tucking in sides as you go.
- 5 Place burrito seam down in skillet on medium heat. Cook about 30 seconds to seal. Serve with additional Original Hot Sauce.