Not to be confused with sangria, sangrita is a lovely, sippable juice commonly enjoyed as a tequila chaser in Mexico. Our version here is a little bit of all things delicious – sweet, tart, fruit and smoky, with that signature hint of heat from Cholula® Original Hot Sauce.
INGREDIENTS 3 Servings
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) (2 ounces) fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) (2 ounces) fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) fesh lime juice
- 20 pomegranate seeds
- 3 fresh cilantro
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 3 teaspoons smoked coarse sea salt or sal de gusano, divided
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 1 Place all ingredients except salt in blender container, with about 1 cup (250 mL) ice cubes. Puree until smooth.
- 2 Strain twice though a fine mesh sieve, discarding any solids.
- 3 Rim shot glasses with sea salt. Serve sangrita cold in rimmed shot glasses alongside your favourite tequila.