From the smoky, spicy shredded chicken to the warm corn tortillas and tangy avocado lime crema, this tinga de pollo is about to change your world. Featuring both McCormick® Mayonnaise with Lime Juice and Cholula® Original Hot Sauce.
IngredientsList_Title 6 IngredientsList_Servings
- Avocado Lime Crema
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Mayonesa (Mayonnaise) With Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tinga de Pollo Tacos
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, cored
- 1 whole chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's® Casero Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's® Casero Whole Oregano
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 For the Avocado Lime Crema, place all ingredients in blender container or food processor. Cover. Blend on high until completely smooth, scraping sides as needed. Transfer to small bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Tinga, place tomatoes, chipotle pepper, Cholula Hot Sauce, salt, garlic powder and oregano in blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- 3 Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes until softened. Stir in tomatoes and chicken. Cook and stir 10 minutes until thickened.
- 4 To assemble tacos, fill warmed tortillas with Tinga mixture and top with Avocado Lime Crema. Garnish with chopped white onion and cilantro, if desired.