Crispy tortillas swimming in rich tomato and salsa sauce with melted cheese? Yes, please! Topped with a fried egg and extra Cholula® Original Salsa, this take on the traditional Mexican chilaquiles breakfast is a perfect start to any day.
- 16 (6-inch) corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 jar (6 ounces) Cholula® Original Salsa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 6 eggs, fried
- Optional Toppings
- Chopped avocado
- Crumbled Cotija cheese
- Mexican crema
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced radishes
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange tortillas in single layer on large baking sheet. Spray on both sides with no stick cooking spray. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Set aside.
Meanwhile, mix broth, salsa, tomato paste, chili powder and garlic powder in large skillet. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in toasted tortillas. Serve immediately topped with a fried eggs and desired toppings.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Try adding some extra protein to your chilaquiles for a heartier meal such as barbacoa or carnitas! • Don't have time to make your own chips? Swap in your favorite store bought tortilla chips.