INGREDIENTS 8 Servings
- 1 pound (500 grams) fresh salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large cedar plank for grilling
- Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce
- Tomato Salsa
- 2 cups red cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 For the Grilled Tomato Salsa, mix tomatoes, garlic, oilve oil and thyme in large bowl. Transfer tomato mixture to a grill basket. Grill mixture over medium heat about 10 minutes or until tomatoes are softened and slightly charred but still retain their shape, stirring occasionally. Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with Hot Sauce, tossing to mix; set aside.
- 2 Place fish, skin side down, in a shallow dish. Mix brown sugar, salt, and black pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle rub evenly over salmon; rub in with your fingers. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3 Place fish, skin side down, on cedar plank. Place plank on grill over medium heat. Cover. Grill 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4 To serve, cut salmon into 4 pieces. Slide a thin spatula between flesh and skin to separate from plank. Served with Grilled Tomato Salsa.