A filling of grilled shrimp and pineapple comes together effortlessly with a delightful creamy avocado spread starring Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce, lime and avocado in this spicy, fruity taco mash-up.
INGREDIENTS 8 Servings
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh pineapple spears
- 8 (6-inch/15-cm) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) crumbled queso fresco
- 1 Mix Hot Sauce and lime juice in large bowl. Remove 1/2 of the mixture and reserve. Add shrimp to bowl with remaining mixture, tossing to coat. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, place avocado, cilantro and reserved hot sauce mixture in food processor. Cover. Process until smooth. Set aside.
Remove shrimp from marinade mixture. Grill shrimp and pineapple over medium-high heat 8 - 10 minutes, turning occasionally, just until shrimp is pink and pineapple is lightly charred. Remove from grill and allow pineapple to cool just enough to handle. Chop pineapple into bite-size chunks. Grill tortillas 1 - 2 minutes per side, just until lightly toasted and charred.
Tip: Thread shrimp onto skewers or use a grill basket for easier grilling.
To assemble, spread avocado mixture on one side of tortillas. Divide cabbage between tortillas. Top with shrimp and pineapple. Sprinkle with queso fresco and drizzle with additional Green Pepper Hot Sauce, if desired, to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•To make these indoors instead of on the grill, use a grill pan or large skillet to cook shrimp and lightly char the pineapple. •For a chunkier avocado spread, skip the food processor and mash avocado with a fork until desired consistency; stir in remaining hot sauce mixture.