A colorful chimichurri marinade starring Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce brings bright, vibrant flavour to beef tacos. A drizzle (or more) of Cholula® Original Hot Sauce finishes it off strong.
- 1 For the marinade, place cilantro, parsley, Green Pepper Hot Sauce and garlic in blender container; cover. Process until smooth. With machine running, slow stream in oil until well blended. Reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the sauce.
- 2 Place steak in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) sauce. Turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour or longer for more flavour.
- 3 Grill steak over medium-high heat 4 – 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill corn 8 – 10 minutes until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut kernels from cob. Grill tortillas about 30 seconds per side or until lightly charred.
- 4 Thinly slice steak across the grain. Drizzle with reserved 1/4 cup (60 mL) sauce. Serve in tortillas, topped with grilled corn, tomatoes, avocado and queso fresco. Drizzle with Original Hot Sauce.
- 5 Test Kitchen Tips: •Outside skirt steak is a great cut of meat for these tacos! Tender and thin, it absorbs the marinade quickly and grills up in no time. •This chimichurri-inspired marinade doubles as a sauce for topping the tacos. Make a double batch and mix with mashed avocados for a fresh guacamole or drizzle over nachos for real flavour! •Tasty Twist: Try with chicken or halibut in place of the skirt steak.