We love everything about this homemade poke bowl – tender rice, crisp veggies, creamy avocado, and the star of the show – ahi tuna marinated in a savoury blend of soy, sesame, and Cholula® Sweet Habanero Hot Sauce.
INGREDIENTS 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) Cholula® Sweet Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 pound (500 grams) ahi-tuna (fresh sashimi grade), cut into small cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon (1/2 milliliter) sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 sheet nori, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) shredded carrot
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) steamed white rice
- 1 Whisk soy sauce, sesame oil and Sweet Habanero Hot Sauce in medium bowl. Add the tuna, turning to coat.
- 2 Place 1/2 cup (125mL) rice in each of 4 serving bowls. Layer with tuna and dressing, green onion, sesame seeds, seaweed, carrot, and avocado.
- 3 Drizzle with additional Sweet Habanero Hot Sauce and sprinkle with nori, if desired, to serve.