Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce is the perfect ingredient to complement the rich, chocolatey flavor of this almost-flourless cake. Dusted with a quick mix of chipotle chili powder and powdered sugar, it’s all the right amounts of sweet, decadent, and delicious.
INGREDIENTS 8 Servings
- Cake G23:J24:
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 10 ounces (284 grams) bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa, ideally), broken into pieces
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) chipotle chili powder (optional)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 11/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) chipotle chili powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) confectioners' sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) Butter and flour a 10-inch (26-cm) diameter spring form pan.
- 2 Mix chocolate and butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 40 seconds, or just until mixture begins to melt. Stir; continue heating for 10 seconds at a time until chocolate and butter are almost completely melted. Remove from microwave. Stir mixture to melt completely.
- 3 Stir in Chipotle Hot Sauce and 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of the chipotle chili powder. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 4 Beat eggs and granulated sugar in separate large bowl until well blended and starting to thicken. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into bowl, stirring to mix well.
- 5 Gently stir in the melted chocolate mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 6 Bake about 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely in pan on rack. Use sharp knife to loosen cake from sides of pan. Remove sides of springform pan. Mix confectioners sugar and remaining chipotle chili powder in small bowl; gently sift over top of cake before serving.
- 7 This cake can be made 1-2 days ahead, and keeps well covered with foil and stored at room temperature.