INGREDIENTS 12 Servings
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped white onion, divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) coarsely chopped tomato
- 6 tablespoons (90 milliliters) Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) olive oil, divided
- 1 small poblano pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) salt
- 3 cloves cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (540 milliliters) (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces tortilla chips (about half of 12-ounce bag)
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) plantain chips
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the onion, tomato, 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of the Chipotle Hot Sauce and 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the oil in food processor. Puree until smooth. Set chipotle tomato sauce aside until ready to serve.
- 2 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add remaining 3/4 cup (175 mL) onion, poblano pepper and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 - 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in beans and remaining 3 tablespoons (45 mL) Hot Sauce. Reduce heat to low. Using a fork, coarsely mash beans. Remove from heat.
- 3 Line large sheet pan with foil; spray with no-stick cooking spray. Arrange tortilla chips and plantain chips in a single layer on pan. Dollop bean mixture evenly over chips. Top with shredded cheese.
- 4 Bake 12 - 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chips are toasted. Drizzle nachos with reserved chipotle tomato sauce. Sprinkle with avocado and cilantro, and add more Chipotle Hot Sauce, if desired.
- 5 Tips: •Double recipe, repeating with a second layer of chips, beans, and cheese on top of the first layer for enough nachos to feed the whole family! •Use up your leftovers! Layer nachos with leftover shredded chicken, crumbled chorizo, roasted vegetables, or bacon when assembling for some extra protein. •Skip the chips and toss your favourite greens with the chipotle tomato sauce. Top greens with a scoop of the black bean mixture and sliced avocado for an easy vegetarian chipotle black bean bowl.