Dial up taco night with this easy recipe for homemade prawn tacos. Tossed in the smooth heat of Cholula® Hot Sauce, spicy prawns are loaded into warm tortillas with your favourite taco garnishes, a tangy coriander lime slaw, and a drizzle of spicy crema for the ultimate ... Dial up taco night with this easy recipe for homemade prawn tacos. Tossed in the smooth heat of Cholula® Hot Sauce, spicy prawns are loaded into warm tortillas with your favourite taco garnishes, a tangy coriander lime slaw, and a drizzle of spicy crema for the ultimate combination of flavour, texture, and heat. ReadMore ReadLess
- ½ cup (125 ml) Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 5 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice, divided
- ½ cup (125 g) sour cream
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (or golden syrup)
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander, divided
- 600 g jumbo green prawns (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 8 regular size corn or flour tortillas
- ½ cup (125 g) queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1 Mix Cholula Hot Sauce and 3 tablespoons of the lime juice in small bowl until well blended. Transfer half of the mixture to another small bowl; add sour cream, stirring to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Reserve remaining hot sauce mixture for prawns.
- 2 Mix remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and agave in large bowl. Add cabbage, red onion and ¼ cup of the coriander, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 Season prawns evenly with salt, pepper, and cumin. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large frying pan over MEDIUM heat. Cook prawns, turning once, just until pink. Remove from heat. to a bowl and add reserved hot sauce mixture, tossing to coat.
- 4 Toast or grill tortillas 1 to 2 minutes per side, just until lightly charred. To assemble tacos, divide slaw among tortillas. Top with prawns. Drizzle with sour cream mixture and garnish with queso fresco and remaining chopped coriander. Serve with additional Hot Sauce, if desired.
• Head out to the BBQ instead! Thread prawns onto skewers. Grill prawns over MEDIUM-HIGH heat just until pink, turning once and brushing with hot sauce mixture.
• When using corn tortillas, they’re easier to serve and a little sturdier when doubled up! Simply double the number of tortillas and layer 2 together for each taco.