Red Robin's 4th Annual Kids' Cook-Off Championship
This year Red Robin's hosted their 4th annual Kids' Cook-Off with the winning recipe to be sold to benefit the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. 11,000 eager contestants from across the U.S between the ages of six to twelve years old entered to compete and be crowned America's newest culinary genius. On hand to judge the competition were Robin Miller, host of the Food Network's "Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller" and executive producer of the Food Network's Unwrapped shows, Tom Giesen. The competition was tough, but it came down to 10 finalists competing in the Championship on Dec. 3rd in Denver, Colorado. Twelve-year-old Gabriel Byrne was happy to show-off his culinary skills by making his gourmet "Seven Wonders Burger". His burger proudly took 2nd runner up in this stiff competition. One of his secret ingredients that he used was Cholula Hot Sauce. Congratulations Gabriel!
"The Seven Wonders Burger" recipe
- Soft Sourdough Bun
- Charbroiled Burger
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Parmesan Butter (spread 1/2 Tbsp on each side of bun, then grill each side of bun until toasted) (WONDER #1)
- 1/3 C. Onion Straws (WONDER #2)
- 2 Slices Pepper-Jack Cheese (melted on burger) (WONDER #3)
- 1/3 C. Sautéed Mushrooms (WONDER #4)
- 3 Strips Crispy Applewood Bacon (WONDER #5)
- 3 Slices Fresh Sliced Avocado (WONDER #6)
- 1 Tbsp. Cholula Hot Sauce Mayonnaise (2 1/4 tsp mayo and 3/4 tsp. Cholula Hot Sauce) (WONDER #7)
The order of ingredients after the bun is grilled in the Parmesan Garlic Butter (from bottom up) is: onion straws, burger, cheese, mushrooms, bacon, avocado- then the hot sauce mayo is spread on the top bun.