Smoky Hot and Sour Ramen
- 1 pack Ramen noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ounces shiitake/baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 egg, soft boiled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cholula Original Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 Over medium high heat, sauté garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- 2 Add mushrooms, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 5 minutes or until they release their juices and cook down. Remove and set aside.
- 3 In the same pot over medium high heat, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add soy sauce, Cholula Original and vinegar to the broth and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 Once boiling, add in the cornstarch slurry. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the soup thickens. Add noodles and carrots to the pot and simmer in soup until noodles are al dente.
- 5 Dish and serve hot with mushrooms, a soft boiled egg, a drizzle of sesame oil and garnished with green onions.