Chewy Chocolate Chipotle Brownies
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Cholula Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 Adjust rack to the middle position and heat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8” square pan with foil Criss-cross two long foil sheets perpendicular to each other, with the extra hanging over the edges of the pan. This will help with removing the brownie when done. Spray foil lightly with vegetable oil spray.
- 2 Melt the chocolates, butter and cocoa in the microwave, stirring often, 1 - 3 minutes. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- 3 Whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla, Cholula Chipotle and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in the flour until no streaks remain.
- 4 Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs, about 35 - 40 minutes.
- 5 Cool completely on a wire rack at room temperature, about two hours, before removing the brownies from the pan and cutting into squares.