- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, small diced
- 1-2 tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Cholula Chili Lime Hot Sauce
- 1 baguette style type of bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup prepared guacamole or Guacamole Ole
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cotija cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover bowl and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cut baguette crosswise into 1/4” thick pieces. Lay out on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil on the bread and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- 3 Spread guacamole on each piece of toasted bread. Top with a healthy spoonful of the tomato mix. Top with a sprinkle of Cotija cheese.