Citrus Jumbo Scallops
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cholula Chili Lime Hot Sauce
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces of tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- olive oil as needed
- 8 jumbo scallops
- 4 ounces baby spring salad mix
- 1 Place first 9 ingredients in a blender and blend well. Set aside.
- 2 In a large sauté pan, warm oil over medium heat and cook scallops for 3 minutes on each side. Lower heat to avoid burning.
- 3 Once cooked, pour sauce over scallops and continue cooking for an additional minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4 Place a mound of baby spring salad mix on the center of 2 plates. Arrange scallops around salad and top with sauce.